Sunday, January 9, 2011

On the air

This week I will be reading an excerpt of my new novel, Beer Maker, on the radio! You can listen in, if you want. Wednesday, January 12 is the date. 7:15 a.m. is the approximate time. KFJC, 89.7 FM in the Bay Area, is the station. Also accessible at kfjc.org. There might be a brief pre-reading interview, followed by about twenty minutes from the story.

The novel is the result of my fourth year of Nanowrimo participation. That would be National Novel Writing Month, when folks attempt to write 50,000 words between November 1 and November 30. I hit about 64,000 words in 2010. I am currently editing the novel and should be sending it out to publishers in late February or early March.

So, listen in. If you'd like. This will be my second time on KFJC, my first was in early 2009 when I read a portion of my second Nanowrimo novel Fixing Scissors (available, by the way, along with my other books, at lulu.com. I can't say I sounded exactly lively, being rather nervous and all, but I am taking the proper steps to improve this time around. And no, not with any early morning alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment